For most people, the home they own and live in is the largest purchase they will make in their lifetime. Some of us are fortunate to own investment properties as well. The real estate we own is part of our investment portfolio and net worth. While we can log into our stock accounts and see the value of those investments in real time, how often do we check on the value of our real estate investments?
As a service to my clients, I send them an annual update on the real estate I helped them purchase. This update includes neighborhood comparable sales as well as national trends and statistics. This is a service I am happy to provide to anyone reading this blog, whether or not you purchased your home through me. Just contact me. I’ll send you a report now and set you up for future annual reports.
Is Your Primary Residence Still Your Forever Home?
Since most of us have spent more time in our homes the last 3 months than ever before, we may be wondering whether the home we currently own is still right for us. Other questions you might ask yourself are:
- What are my long-term plans for my home?
- If I could live anywhere, where would I live?
- Am I living in my “forever” home?
- Is real estate part of my overall wealth plan or investment strategy?
- Where will my kids be attending college? Perhaps it would be a good idea to invest in that location instead of paying for student housing. [I recently purchased a home for my college–aged son and will be writing about that in next week’s blog.]
If you are considering a second home or relocation in another market, I can help you. I have an extensive network of the best agents all over the world. Even if you are just curious about another market, I can connect you with the best agent in the area. If you are looking to purchase an investment property in Park City, Salt Lake City or a neighboring town, I can help. With interest rates at record lows, and a huge demand for rental property, there has never been a better time to purchase real estate.