Thinking about selling your home or an investment property? I would suggest listing now rather than waiting until next year. One of the biggest problems sellers have faced over the past few years is competition in the market. The inventory of homes for sale typically reaches its lowest points in November through March. Homes on the market during these months will face far less competition. In Park City, we are seeing the lowest inventory that we have in years. Competitively priced homes in good condition are receiving multiple offers and there are buyers sitting on the sidelines with cash just waiting for an opportunity that makes sense. Your chances of selling your home and obtaining top dollar are best if you act quickly and get your home on the market before the Spring rush.
10 Reasons to List During the Holidays
1. People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week!
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market!
9. You can still be on the market, but you have to option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays!
10. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!